Sysrepublic are looking for Technical Consultants to join our expanding team at a successful, dynamic software company, specialising in advanced data analytics for the retail industry. This position offers a superb opportunity to work on a number of different client projects with some of the world’s most renowned organizations. We are not going to drop names here…because we’ve already done so on our website: http://www.sysrepublic.com/clients/
Successful candidates will be working with and learning from like-minded professionals in a rapidly growing, dynamic and leading-edge company, where excellent career prospects are provided. Sysrepublic employees are out-going and true problem solvers, able to function across multiple aspects of project lifecycles: requirement definition, analysis, solution architecture, documentation, development, rigorous testing, implementation and support.
- Solving unique and challenging problems in the field of data analytics and systems integration.
- Deliver both on-site and cloud solutions.
- Coming up with creative solutions while at the same time maintaining a laser focus on getting things done.
- Understanding and analysing requirements to develop solutions against existing standards and practices
- Upholding the highest software quality standards. We take special pride in delivering bullet-proof software solutions.
- Understanding and driving defect management and release management processes
- Delivering technical documents and specifications.
- Representing Sysrepublic as a technical expert and consultant.
- Optional: Competing in our daily mini golf competitions and NERF target practices
- Although our work is based primarily on Microsoft stack ( C# .NET and MSSQL with Reporting Services, Windows Workflow Framework), we do not discriminate against any Complete Languages. If you have an incredible project in your portfolio – we want to hear all about it, regardless of the platform it was built on. Having solid experience working with Microsoft development technologies will definitely give you an edge and an easy learning curve should you join us.
- An enthusiasm for technology and the ability to quickly pick up new technologies is vital as a Sysrepublic consultant.
- Sysrepublic is looking for candidates with a strong desire to progress in a consultancy role, and while this does include some software development responsibilities, it also requires candidates to demonstrate strong communication and inter-personal skills, as working directly with clients, sometimes onsite, is a key responsibility of this role.
- In addition, experience of Business Intelligence and/or integration solutions, especially within the retail industry would be very advantageous.
- Some travel may be required for work undertaken on client sites, so candidates are expected to be flexible.
- Candidates with GitHub portfolios (or other online repositories)
- UX/UI skills and experience working with Photoshop/Fireworks/Sketch etc.
- PowerShell experience
- SQL skills are a major plus
- Experience working with retail operations systems
- Requirement gathering and specification planning
- Ability to understand the logic flow of programming through reading C#, T-SQL or XSLT content.
- SQL Server administration or development
- Familiarity with source control and development IDEs
- Understanding of change and release management
We are an award winning software, services and consultancy provider focused predominantly on the Retail and Hospitality industries. We are the undisputed thought leader in our target space and we just can’t stop getting better at what we do. As we grow our global brand, we are looking to expand our team with truly exceptional people.
Our LA base is a shiny new office space in Torrance, we have a mini putting green in the office, endless fantasy sports leagues, team building activities and our dress code is…well, we’re still trying to figure out how to defined it, since some of our board executives are known to walk into the office in a t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops on regular basis. We think this is probably a side-effect of having an office less than 2 miles away from the beach. In short – we’re reasonably casual. Luckily, Del Amo Fashion Center is right next door, so we know how to look the part when we work with our clients. Also within walking distance- all the restaurants and coffee shops you can think of.
INTERESTED? SEND YOUR RESUME TO CAREERS@SYSREPUBLIC.COM