RTI ENABLES COMPANIES TO REALIZE THE BENEFITS OF UBIQUITOUS SYSTEMS INTEGRATION AT A FRACTION OF THE TIME, COST AND COMPLEXITY OF ALTERNATIVE DATA INTEGRATION SOLUTIONS.
What is the real cost of Integration?
In today’s Enterprise IT environments many would think that integration is a problem of the past; but is that really true? The reality is that there are still many aspects around integration that present significant challenges such as:
- The amount of time it takes to integrate systems
- The complexity of integration solutions
- The reliance on expensive specialist skill sets
- The cost of providing “anytime/anywhere” integration technology across the enterprise
In most cases it is challenges such as these that prevent organizations from realising the true potential of an investment in integration software. All too often the delivery of integration within an organization is incomplete and does not result in the benefits of simplification, seamless connectivity, greater agility and sustainability that it once promised.
What do you need?
Enterprise Integration, Faster & Simpler…
Enterprise Integration : Faster & Simpler
Sysrepublic’s RTI significantly cuts the delivery time and complexity of integration solutions. It can do this because of its powerful but prescriptive approach to solving integration problems. RTI comes complete with all the tools you need to integrate multiple systems and provide the workflow process that mediates their interactions.
What’s in the Box?
- Agents – Powerful distributable integration engines. They provide the ability to execute and manage complex integration processes.
- Adapters – Functionally rich building blocks. They can interact with and transform many different types of data. They can be blended together to form complex integration patterns.
- Management – Single point of visibility and control. Through federated management, all RTI Agents can be configured and their health monitored.
- DDS – Managed Mass Distribution. Integrate 100s or 1000s of endpoints using one consolidated distribution hub.
- Web Services – Rapid Service Composition. Create new services from existing assets to provide data/information to systems and people on-demand through SOAP or ReSTful Web Services
What kind of Integration Patterns can I implement with RTI?
RTI’s design is highly flexible and allows you to implement solutions that follow industry recognized patterns, including:
- Managed File Transfer – Securely move bulk data between different parts of an organization and its trading partners.
- Extract Transform & Load (ETL) – High performance, bulk and real-time import and export of data to/from databases and flat-files
- Messaging (Publish/Subscribe) – Publish, Subscribe and broker messages in real-time between multiple parties and seamlessly exchange messages with existing message brokers
- Workflow & Process Mediation – Model and coordinate complex business processes and system interactions
- Complex Event Processing – Process, Analyze and take appropriate actions to Events happening within and across the Enteprise in real-time
- Conventional Batch Processing – Execute multiple dependent batch processes on pre-defined schedules and coordinate the flow between each stage
- Smart Bridges connecting On-Premise and Cloud Services – Move data in batch or real-time between on-premise systems and on-demand cloud services
How do I develop Integration solutions with RTI?
RTI is an intuitive solution which is rich in functionality, allowing complex mission critical integration solutions to be developed by relatively non-technical resources in rapid time frames. RTI does not require any conventional coding; solutions are developed using our graphical tools and are stored in readable, pure xml configuration files. Solutions can be deployed to multiple RTI Agents using the Central Management Console which also provides a federated configuration repository. RTI solution files can also be added to source control systems and do not inhibit the version control and change difference capabilities of well known source control systems such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server. RTI solution files can also be easily shared amongst Integration Developers and Architects using document sharing solutions such as Microsoft Sharepoint.
How can RTI be deployed within my Enterprise?
RTI can adapt to different architectural models driven by the requirements of the organization and the solution. Networks of RTI Agents can be created to solve complex enterprise wide problems. Architectures can include federated “Hub & Spoke”, “Bus” and localized “Cellular” networks as shown here:
RTI is inherently scalable, robust, highly performant and forms a ubiquitous integration fabric that can span the Enterprise and beyond. RTI natively supports concepts such as clustering and load balancing and is particularly well suited for virtualized server environments.
RTI does not complicate your deployment choices by being separated into several variants such as Standard or Enteprise. Everything you need is packaged into one consistent redistributable set that can be installed, in minutes on any Microsoft Windows system ranging from embedded terminals through to high end multi-processor servers.
How can RTI collaborate with my existing integration investments?
Globally a huge number of Enteprises have already made significant investments in Integration software or practices. At Sysrepublic we recognize that for many, the ‘one tool fits all’ approach is unrealistic and unnecessary. However RTI can still provide a great number of benefits to these organizations and help to get the most out of existing investments in Web Services, Messaging, Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) technologies.
- Rapid Service Composition – Use existing Web Services to quickly compose new abstractions
- Generate new EAI Adapters – Create new connectivity channels to existing applications and plug them into existing EAI middleware
- ESB On-Ramp and Off-Ramp – Seamlessly connect centralized and distributed systems to a federated ESB
Adapters are the building blocks of RTI solutions. RTI implements a standard adapter framework that ensures any adapter is both robust and highly performant. Through adapters, underlying core technologies are abstracted and simplified without losing key functionality. Adapter properties are dynamic and can be set at run-time using an easy-to-use expression builder.
All RTI adapters are packaged within the standard RTI installation-set, and are included in the standard licensing. Sysrepublic have a strong commitment to continuous investment in our software, and new adapters or enhancements to existing adapters are released on a regular basis.
What adapters does RTI come with out-of-the-box?
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- IBM DB2
- Pervasive SQL
- Process (e.g. EXE, Batch Scripts)
- Windows Workflow Foundation
- Windows Event Log
- Windows Performance Monitor
- Flat Files
- Zip Archive
- Retail EPOS:
– IBM 4690
– Retalix StoreLine
– MS Dynamics
– Peer to Peer
– Audit Framework
- Base 64 Encoding
- RSA Encryption
- PGP Encryption
- Text Encoding
- Flat Files
– DCS to Native SQL
- HTTP (REST)
- Web Services (SOAP)
- Windows Communication Framework (WCF)
– IBM WebsphereMQ
– Tibco EMS
– Oracle AQ
– DDS Publish
– DDS Consume
Can I develop my own Adapters?
RTI adapters can be developed using Microsoft.NET and our simple to learn SDK. However, Sysrepublic realize that not every organization has the capacity to develop their own adapters. In these circumstances, Sysrepublic consultancy services can quickly develop new adapters on your behalf at minimal cost.
Surely integration just connects everything together so your systems can do what they should be doing in the first place? It doesn’t solve a business challenge?
At Sysrepublic we don’t believe RTI just solves technical challenges. We understand that business intelligence need solutions to problems that we know RTI can solve quickly and efficiently.
Here are some of the best examples of the business problems that RTI can solve and how it solves them:
How can you bring innovative ideas to life in a matter of weeks to meet changing requirements?
How many times have you wanted to trial a business initiative or idea that you’re not certain will work long term but needs to be trialed in a live environment to understand the potential business case and payback? By the time you’ve invested in a project and the people needed to deliver it, do you find the needs and project requirements have changed and you are stuck with the brief you started out with? Or simply that the business case just doesn’t stack up. RTI can take these ideas and help you spin-up applications into solutions to trial these different initiatives in a matter of days.
How can you respond quickly to meet customer demands?
Can you afford to have customers walking out the door, dissatisfied because their favorite item is out of stock? Or the size they want is not there. It can be enough to make sure they don’t come back….
In the other extreme, do you have palettes of stock taking up room in your warehouse that you don’t need and can’t sell costing you money? Typically retailers won’t waste these product lines as this costs money but to detriment of being able to order the stock they really need as there is no space!
We find that by empowering your stores and giving the people on the ground the ability to place those stock orders themselves and giving them visibility of sales information ensures much more accuracy with stock. RTI can be used very quickly to give stores access to that business intelligence from many disparate systems in a very simple way.
Can your customers always checkout when they want to?
Or are your registers always letting you down? How do you get one version of the truth across your estate to understand in real time what is and isn’t operational, regardless of the type of hardware/software?
RTI can be used to proactively alert store managers to their PDAs to inform them the instant a register stops working. It can also automatically raise a service ticket with your help desk, to ensure the register is fixed as soon as possible
Sysrepublic has been working with retailers since 2002 to help bring solutions to these types of problems to life using RTI within a matter of weeks to help the retailer remain one step ahead and transform their businesses without a huge cost burden.