- Aren’t loss prevention systems a commodity these days?
- At Sysrepublic, we don’t think so. Although some may hold that view, Secure is fundamentally different than tools relying on data mining or exception reporting. Secure continuously observes your POS transaction data, connecting isolated incidents into a complete picture of fraudulent behavior which is then put into ready-to-investigate cases. You don’t need to search through mountains of data; Secure does that work for you.
- How long has Sysrepublic been creating solutions for retailers?
- Sysrepublic has been in the Retail Solutions business since 2002 and supports customers throughout the globe from our offices in the US and UK. Sysrepublic provides a number of industry leading, award winning retail software solutions.
- Do I need a costly pilot project to prove that Secure works for my business?
- No. Sysrepublic offers a Proof of Concept (POC) option for retailers to see how Secure works for you prior to a purchase.All we need is a sampling of your data from several stores. Using Secure, we will analyze your data and provide you with actionable instances of fraud or process inefficiencies for your review.
- If you are interested in this option please contact Sysrepublic to discuss how to move forward. At the end of the POC, you can make your decision without feeling the pressure of leaving a large investment of time and money on the table.
- Can Secure pay for itself?
- Every Client using Secure has achieved a 100% ROI within the first year of use. Most clients are repaying all product costs within the first few months following deployment. Several clients have achieved multiple ROI’s within the first year. Ask for the Tesco Case Study for a documented example of how Secure can pay for itself.
- How much does Secure cost?
- Sysrepublic offers two ways to get the protection of Secure for your business.
- Hosted Secure delivered via Software as a Service
Secure can be delivered to your business as a monthly service at a very affordable rate.
- Purchase Secure
Secure is available for purchase with a one-time license fee. With purchase of the Software Assurance plan, you are guaranteed all future versions of Secure. The price for a Secure license varies by implementation. Please ask for a quote for your business.
- Hosted Secure delivered via Software as a Service
- Which option is best for me? hosted or a license purchase?
- For businesses that don’t want the hassle of maintaining hardware and software, or who may want a quick and low cost way to protect their business, a hosted implementation of Secure may be the right option.For companies who want complete control of their IT systems, a purchased version of Secure may be right for you.
- Is Secure part of a suite of products?
- Secure is a standalone POS loss prevention solution built entirely for that purpose. You don’t need any additional products to get complete functionality including receipt view, digital CCTV integration and case management to name a few. Sysrepublic offers other retail software products, but none of these are required to get the full benefit of Secure.
- Is Secure ready to be used out of the box?
- Yes. Secure provides immediate value from the first day of operation. All of our clients have identified cases and confirmed fraudulent behavior during the testing phases of the installation.
- What types of complex fraud can Secure identify?
- Due to our extensive experience with retailers, industry leaders and academic organizations, we maintain the most comprehensive, up-to-date online fraud risk dictionary in the industry. Secure utilizes the fraud risk dictionary to keep you updated with the latest fraud behavior patterns. Contributions to the dictionary come from the Secure Alliance, a peer group of Secure users from around the world.
- Can Secure identify process inefficiencies as well as fraud?
- Yes. The same analytics that successfully identify fraud are adept at recognizing inefficiencies within POS transaction data. Process issues can be monitored and tracked to determine areas or individuals in the organization that require review or training.
- Can you detect fraud on ‘self service checkouts’?
- Yes. It is surprising how self service checkout units can be vulnerable to employee fraud. In our experience with retailers utilizing 100% self service checkouts, we have been able to document a business case with positive ROI within the first year.
- Who is the primary user of Secure in my organization?
- Anyone in your organization can use Secure. Secure is accessible from anywhere you choose, from a corporate desktop to a laptop in the field. One of the key benefits of Secure is that it is designed to deliver information, not data. Loss Prevention Managers are the primary users of Secure and will get the most benefit from its advanced fraud detection capabilities. The valuable information in Secure’s reports module, can be used by senior loss prevention staff, accounting, operations, CFO’s or any member of the organization that requires relevant information related to your organization’s sales.
- Can Secure scale up or down to the size of my business?
- Yes. Secure has been delivered to some of the world’s largest retail organizations. Due to our flexible licensing and deployment models, including a hosted model, Secure is equally effective for smaller retailers as well.
- Can Secure be delivered as a hosted option?
- Yes. Secure is available as a ‘software as a service’ application via the internet.
- Can I get a demonstration of Secure?
- Yes. Sysrepublic will be happy to give you a live demo of Secure. We can visit you at your offices and provide a live demo of Secure , or we can arrange an online demo at your convenience.
- How will I be trained on Secure?
- Included as part of a Secure deployment, are two days of full training for agreed user groups in your organization. We have found in the past that the best practice is to utilize a ‘train the trainer’ approach. We typically host hands on training with direct users of Secure, who will then go on to later train other users. This training takes place at your organization’s headquarters once Secure has been fully installed.
- What kinds of support can I expect from Sysrepublic?
- Sysrepublic provides extensive technical support for Secure in both the US and Europe. During implementation, clients will have a dedicated product specialist who will monitor each step of the process and will be available to ensure prompt and professional interaction with your organization. As a global organization, Sysrepublic maintains a 24×7 help desk that can answer all technical and related product questions whenever you need them..
- What type of technology does Secure operate on?
- Secure runs on a Microsoft Windows Server environment. The user interface into the solution is via a web browser which can be accessed from anywhere a connection to your network is available.
Secure is built on the Microsoft solution stack. By harnessing the power and scalability of Microsoft’s SQL Server, Secure is able to process millions of sales transactions per day to detect fraud in your organization.
- What type of POS systems can Secure integrate with?
- Because Secure is an independent solution, we can integrate with any POS system on the market. For instance, we integrate with Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, NCR, Fujitsu and Retalix systems as just a few examples. Secure also has the ability to integrate multiple different POS applications you may have in your business into one version of Secure.
- How is my POS data sent to Secure?
- Sysrepublic is a world leader in retail integration solutions. Using our own integration technology (Sysrepublic’s Real Time Integrator), we can extract the data required by Secure directly from your point of sale system. Alternatively, we can take a feed from any system, centralized or not, where your POS data resides.
- How do I know Sysrepublic will safeguard my data?
- Sysrepublic operates on the highest ethical standards with regards to data security. Some of the world’s largest retailers trust Sysrepublic systems to protect the integrity and confidentiality of their data. Non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements are part of the standard process of handling sensitive customer data whether on a hosted or non-hosted instance of Secure.
- Can you integrate with CCTV?
- Yes. Secure can integrate with most digital CCTV systems.
- How do I get started?
- The first step is to contact a Sysrepublic representative to talk about your organization’s needs. We will need some general business and technical information. We then can outline the options for evaluating Secure, including the option for a Proof of Concept, so that you can see the power, ease of use, and effectiveness of Secure for yourself.
Call us on
+1 (310) 802 3044
+44 (0)20 7430 0715
+48 22 389 57 00
or alternativelyEmail us
- Sophisticated Analysis
- Automated Detection
- Sustainable Approach
- Full Case Management