Sysrepublic are looking for Web Application Developers to join our expanding team at a successful, dynamic software company, specialising in advanced data analytics for the retail industry. Sysrepublic Apps developers work in teams and are responsible for creating web applications on top of our existing Sysrepublic Secure platform. We follow Sysrepublic Agile software development methodology and expect the candidate to be comfortable in a fast-paced and flexible environment. We are looking for individuals who are fast and self-starting learners, critical thinkers and problem solvers by nature. Can-do attitude is at the very foundation of our company culture.
- Developing prototypes and production code for web applications targeted at Retail Operations space.
- Developing interactive presentation-layer code, using HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, and JS.
- Evaluating the technical tradeoffs of every decision
- Researching and developing robust, lasting and scalable code libraries and re-usable components
- Working closely with the Platform Development Team to integrate applications into the existing Sysrepublic Secure platform.
- Degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Passion for creating modern, fast, user-centric web applications.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience using scripting technologies
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- .NET development experience a plus
- Answer to the following question – what is the first thing you would like to build at Sysrepublic?
- Candidates with GitHub portfolios (or other online repositories)
- UX/UI skills and experience working with Photoshop/Fireworks/Sketch etc.
- PowerShell experience
- SQL skills are a major plus
- Experience working with retail operations systems
- Requirement gathering and specification planning
- Ability to understand the logic flow of programming through reading C#, T-SQL or XSLT content.
- SQL Server administration or development
- Familiarity with source control and development IDEs
- Understanding of change and release management
We are an award winning software, services and consultancy provider focused predominantly on the Retail and Hospitality industries. We are the undisputed thought leader in our target space and we just can’t stop getting better at what we do. As we grow our global brand, we are looking to expand our team with truly exceptional people.
Our LA base is a shiny new office space in Torrance, we have a mini putting green in the office, endless fantasy sports leagues, team building activities and our dress code is…well, we’re still trying to figure out how to defined it, since some of our board executives are known to walk into the office in a t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops on regular basis. We think this is probably a side-effect of having an office less than 2 miles away from the beach. In short – we’re reasonably casual. Luckily, Del Amo Fashion Center is right next door, so we know how to look the part when we work with our clients. Also within walking distance- all the restaurants and coffee shops you can think of.
INTERESTED? SEND YOUR RESUME TO CAREERS@SYSREPUBLIC.COM